Sign up for our Friends of Beaubeaurs Island email list

On July 8, a bear was sighted on the Island's restored trail network at the Harley/Burchill Crossing. Though our trail cameras have shown no further evidence of the bear's presence, we urge patrons to use caution on the trails. Check back for more updates in the coming days. The Friends of Beaubears Island remain vigilant during the COVID-19 pandemic. In compliance with existing guidelines, and wishing the safety of both our staff and our guests, all of our programming and events will be offered to one ‘bubble’ at a time.

Welcome to Beaubears Island

Visit our Interpretive Centre at 35 St. Patrick's Drive, Nelson-Miramichi

Meet our characters, from early French fur traders, to the Marquis Charles Deschamps de Boishebert, to the various shipbuilders who inhabited the island for over 100 years

Experience the multicultural history of the Miramichi

For more information on our tours and ferry services:

Discover a place where fortunes were made... and lives were lost.

The Latest News & Events

Comments Box SVG iconsUsed for the like, share, comment, and reaction icons

Many thanks to Radio CJPN-CKMA-CHQC-CKRT- Miramichi’s French community radio station for sharing Friends of Beaubears Island Inc on their new digital sign located by airport.

Un grand merci à Radio CJPN-CKMA-CHQC-CKRT- La station de radio communautaire francophone de Miramichi pour avoir partagé Friends of Beaubears Island Inc sur leur nouvelle enseigne numérique située près de l'aéroport.

#supporteachother
#Nonprofit #kindness
#Beaubears island
#beaubears
... See MoreSee Less

January 25th, 6:01 am
The Loyalist  at work on Sept.12,1957
In the spring of 1955, the Loyalist took over from the Frances Ullock. She was brought to the Miramichi from Saint John. This wooden ferry was built in Shelbourne, Nova Scotia, and was
launched on April 1, 1933. The Loyalist provided service to Miramichiers from 1955 to 1961.
The Loyalist was the largest of the ferryboats to cross the Miramichi. It could carry twenty cars per trip.
In 1961, the heavy equipment was removed from the loyalist and was shipped back to Saint John. The body of the boat was hauled to Black Brook. It laid on the shore of the Miramichi and was washed away by the rough waters.
Picture & write up taken from Our Miramichi Heritage Family FB page : Karl Wade 
Le loyaliste au travail le 12 septembre 1957
Au printemps 1955, les Loyalistes succèdent à Frances Ullock. Elle a été amenée à Miramichi depuis Saint John. Ce traversier en bois a été construit à Shelbourne, en Nouvelle-Écosse, et a été
lancé le 1er avril 1933. Le Loyaliste a servi les Miramichiers de 1955 à 1961.
Le Loyalist était le plus gros des traversiers à traverser la Miramichi. Il pouvait transporter vingt voitures par trajet.
En 1961, léquipement lourd a été retiré du loyaliste et a été renvoyé à Saint John. Le corps du bateau a été transporté à Black Brook. Il reposait sur la rive de la Miramichi et a été emporté par les eaux agitées.
Photo et écriture tirées de la page FB Our Miramichi Heritage Family : Karl Wade #historicmiramichi #miramichi #beaubearsisland #beaubearsisland❤️

The Loyalist at work on Sept.12,1957
In the spring of 1955, the Loyalist took over from the Frances Ullock. She was brought to the Miramichi from Saint John. This wooden ferry was built in Shelbourne, Nova Scotia, and was
launched on April 1, 1933. The Loyalist provided service to Miramichiers from 1955 to 1961.
The Loyalist was the largest of the ferryboats to cross the Miramichi. It could carry twenty cars per trip.
In 1961, the heavy equipment was removed from the loyalist and was shipped back to Saint John. The body of the boat was hauled to Black Brook. It laid on the shore of the Miramichi and was washed away by the rough waters.
Picture & write up taken from Our Miramichi Heritage Family FB page : Karl Wade
Le loyaliste au travail le 12 septembre 1957
Au printemps 1955, les Loyalistes succèdent à Frances Ullock. Elle a été amenée à Miramichi depuis Saint John. Ce traversier en bois a été construit à Shelbourne, en Nouvelle-Écosse, et a été
lancé le 1er avril 1933. Le Loyaliste a servi les Miramichiers de 1955 à 1961.
Le Loyalist était le plus gros des traversiers à traverser la Miramichi. Il pouvait transporter vingt voitures par trajet.
En 1961, l'équipement lourd a été retiré du loyaliste et a été renvoyé à Saint John. Le corps du bateau a été transporté à Black Brook. Il reposait sur la rive de la Miramichi et a été emporté par les eaux agitées.
Photo et écriture tirées de la page FB Our Miramichi Heritage Family : Karl Wade #historicmiramichi #miramichi #beaubearsisland #beaubearsisland❤️
... See MoreSee Less

January 24th, 6:00 am
The forest is a place of peace where trees talk to you and even a mysterious silence listens to you.
“I seem, like everything else, to be a center, a sort of vortex, at which the whole energy of the universe realizes itself.. Each one of us, not only human beings but every leaf, every weed, exists in the way it does, only because everything else around it does. The individual and the universe are inseparable.” 
 ~Alan Watts

The forest is a place of peace where trees talk to you and even a mysterious silence listens to you.
“I seem, like everything else, to be a center, a sort of vortex, at which the whole energy of the universe realizes itself.. Each one of us, not only human beings but every leaf, every weed, exists in the way it does, only because everything else around it does. The individual and the universe are inseparable.”
~Alan Watts
... See MoreSee Less

January 23rd, 6:00 am